Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #262302

, , | Unfiltered | July 4, 2022

(I’m stocking items when a customer approaches me.)
Customer: Where is your Fruit Fresh?
Me: I’m sorry? Where is what?
Customer: Fruit Fresh. It’s supposed to keep fruit from turning brown.
Me: I’ve never heard of it. I’ll see if someone else knows. (I pull out my radio) Does anyone know if we carry Fruit Fresh?
Manager: Fruit what?
Me: Fruit Fresh. The customer says it’s supposed to keep fruit from turning brown.
Customer Service Desk: Uh… Have they checked in produce?
Manager: That would be my guess.
Me: (to customer) My manager thinks it might be in produce.
Customer: (scoffs and rudely says) No, it’s not. It’s going to be with the canning supplies. Where are those?
Me: (thinking ‘you couldn’t have lead with that?’) Aisle 12.
(The customer huffs away and I return to what I was doing. A minute or two later, she returns.)
Customer: Hey! You did have it, idiot. Maybe if you had a better attitude, you would actually help customers instead of sending them in the wrong direction.
(I stare at her in disbelief. The second she leaves, I run to the manager’s office and tell him what this lady said. Sure enough, as I finish telling him, customer service gets on the radio and asks the manager to come to the desk to deal with a customer complaint. The lady complained that I was unhelpful. My manager told her he would speak to me about it, and she left happy.)
Manager: Crazy woman.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!