Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #262266

, , | Unfiltered | July 2, 2022

(About three years ago, my family adopted a large crossbreed; a Belgian Shepherd-Boxer mix, to be precise. She’s rather large and can be a bit intimidating-looking at times. She had had five homes before us and was fairly badly treated. Despite all that, she is the most loving dog you’ll ever meet; she loves everybody she comes across. My sister and I are walking her in a nearby park one day when, suddenly, a small-breed dog (a Cockapoo-type) comes running up to us. Our dog approaches it and sniffs it tentatively. Suddenly, the little dog LUNGES at our dog; as in goes for the throat. My sister and I manage to pull it off our dog and it runs back to its owner, a woman who’s sitting on a park bench with her five- or six-year-old son. We lean down and try and comfort our dog, who’s trembling; especially badly, because she used to be abused. Suddenly, the woman gives the dog to her son, and comes up to us screaming.)

Rude Lady: That filthy mongrel is dead, do you hear me?! DEAD! It snarled at my (cutesy dog name)!

Sister: She didn’t do anything; your dog attacked ours, unprovoked. You had an aggressive dog off the lead in a public place; you do understand that’s against the law?! Get it under control, now!

Rude Lady: Shut the f*** up; I don’t take orders from the likes of you. Get your mangy dog out of here, you dirty chav!

(My sister and I can’t help but start laughing; it sounds like something a spoiled six-year-old would say. The woman is enraged.)

Rude Lady: DON’T YOU LAUGH AT ME, YOU F***ING CHAVS! I OWN THE TESCO ACROSS TOWN WHILST YOU’RE LIVING ON BENEFITS IN A COUNCIL ESTATE BECAUSE YOU’RE F***ING POOR! GET THE F*** OUT OF MY WAY!

(My sister stops laughing)

Sister: Ma’am, I’m a trainee paramedic and I don’t get a penny from the state. (Gestures to me) He’s got a first-class honours degree in Zoology and is applying for a Masters. Also, we don’t live on a council estate; and, besides, even if we did, that’s no reason for you to treat us like s***.

Rude Lady: I’LL F***ING KILL YOU!

(She pushes past us and tries to hit and kick our dog. When my sister tries to get her off our dog, she grabs a handful of my sister’s hair and begins trying to hit her. I’m trying to get her off my sister, but I have to handle my dog at the same time – however, several other people manage to step in and pull the woman off my sister. The woman, still being restrained, is kicking and screaming)

Rude Lady: “You can’t do this to me, you dirty chav! I’m better than you!”

Me: Let’s see what the police have to say about that. (lifts phone).

(After about ten minutes, the police arrive. As they are arresting her, the woman is still screaming like a banshee.)

Rude Lady: HOW DARE YOU ARREST ME, YOU (racist slur)?! HOW F***ING DARE YOU! DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM?!

Police Officer: No.

(She, still screaming, is hauled away. They ended up arresting the woman for animal cruelty, assault and battery. Her son and dog were picked up by family and we pressed charges. After this whole incident, we made sure to give our dog extra love and attention. Despite this, she quickly recovered and she still loves everyone. The thing that unnerved us about the entire incident is how calm the little boy was; he was evidently used to his mother going ballistic at random people.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!