Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #261851

, , | Unfiltered | June 25, 2022

I work in the 911 system in my city. Every so often we get a job that makes us go “what the ***”?!?” This is one of them:

So we got a job for the unconscious. We get there and sure enough, he is unresponsive from his sugar being too low. It’s a pretty straight forward call and not that unusual. We wake him up with IV dextrose and that’s where the strange begins.

The patient and I are chatting back and forth. Suddenly he changes he subject:

Patient: “you know what? I think in the future cars will melt.”

Me: “huh? I’m not sure I’m following you, what do you mean?”

Patient: “yeah, like cats will melt into walls. So to get from one place to another your car will just melt into a wall.”

Me: “what do you mean?”

Patient: “so like the car in on the roof, right? And it just melts into the building through the ceiling. And then, like, everything the car melts into, becomes yours. Like a car epidemic.”

He continues to rattle on about the melting feature. My partner and I just share looks because we are both very confused. I’m not sure if he was trying to describe something else, and didn’t mean melt, or if he literally meant melt. It was definitely strange.

*note: yes, I realize the patient likely had some sort of psychological problem as well as being diabetic. I am not trying to make fun of his condition, ridicule him or anything like that. Just thought it was strange/interesting-definitely one of my top strange conversations with patients.*

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!