Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #260704

, , | Unfiltered | June 21, 2022

School has just started and my sister and I both need some back-to-school clothes. We decide to go to a store for girls clothes. Their prices are fairly high but we like their clothes and their sale prices are good. We also get $100 each month for clothes and at this time we have $270 each. This happens as we’re shopping.

Me: hey look! They’re giving away school supplies kits if you spend $100!
Sister: cool!
Me: I wanna get one. I’ll spend $100, I have plenty of money in my clothing budget!
Sister: I want one too!
We both raced around the store trying things on, trying to add up to $100, which is harder than one would think. At one point an employee came over to us.
Employee: just letting you know that we’re closing in about half an hour!
Us: ok thanks! We’re trying to make it up to $100 each to get the school supplies
Employee: yeah those are cool, aren’t they?
We nod in agreement and keep shopping. We finally make it up to $200 total. I’ve picked out 3-4 shirts, 2 shorts, 1 jeans, a locket, and a skirt. We get to the checkout line, just as they begin to close.
Mom: (to employee) Do we have to make separate purchases to get two school supplies kits?
Employee: actually we only have one left. I heard you say you wanted it (points to me) so I grabbed it from the display up front.
Me (to my sister): you can have it.
Sister: no you can
Employee: you could split it
Mom: no they’re not good with sharing.
(My sister and I both nod I’m agreement.)
Employee: well there’s plenty of stuff in here, a folder, a pencil, a ruler…
(She keeps listing stuff even after we’ve told her we’re not sharing.)
Mom: how much of those clothes were you only buying because of the school supplies?
Me: most of it.
(I then proceed to put almost all of my clothes back, leaving me with a single shirt, shorts, and the locket. I’m spending maybe $40 at most now. My sister still got all her clothes. There was some talk about neither one of us taking it, but I went up to the front of the store to sulk so I don’t know if she took it or not. There were two employees working that day who looked very similar so I don’t know if the employee(s) in this story were the same one or not, but I’m pretty sure she didn’t tell us there was only one because she figured we wouldn’t put all our stuff back once we’d picked it out and she wanted to make more money. I had other problems with prices of stuff that day and I’m not very impressed at all with this store. Jokes on her though because we stayed 15 minutes past closing time and I put back most of my clothes)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!