Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #259783

, , | Unfiltered | June 6, 2022

(I am two months into my new job- a cart retriever for a members-only retail store- and it is raining. Not enough to make me stay inside, but still raining. I walk a bit outside the store and three kids come running at me.)
Kids: there are goats!
(What? The kids point me in the direction of the goats, and sure enough, there are two goats- baby goats. One is black with a white splotch on the back, and the other beige. The human kids head inside to tell someone, and I head over to the goats and take a picture. After I take the picture…)
Me: *pulls out walkie* Um, guys. There are goats outside.
Manager: *responding, laughing* did you just say there are goats?
Me: Yes, there are goats! Outside, near the back of the store.
(As I talk to a nearby woman, who tells me that a guy in a truck nearby is going to call animal control, the manager on duty comes out, along with a coworker. By now, the goats have moved further away from the humans and towards a tree at the end of the parking lot. The man in the truck drives up.)
Man in Truck: I called Animal Control, and they said they already tried to catch the goats, but they were too skittish to be able to catch them.
(Satisified, I continue with my shift, thinking about the goats. While I’m putting away another cart near the very end of my shift, I look up and find that the goats are now on the side of the parking lot again, nearer to cars, and there’s a guy following them. I look at the clock, and decide that I should probably clock out. No, I don’t know what happened to the goats, sorry.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!