Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #258852

, , | Unfiltered | May 21, 2022

For a bit of background, my mother is engaged to a wonderful man, but he is also a recovering alcoholic. When he had a moment and started to relapse, he did the responsible thing and threw out the alcohol that was in their house. Problem was that alcohol was my mom’s favorite bourbon, and she can’t get it in her home state. So when my mother was visiting during this story, and she asked me if I could get her a bottle of this bourbon and not tell him, so she could enjoy it and he didn’t have to be tempted by it again. Being the loving daughter I am, I go to get it, and this is where I learn it’s no longer being sold in multiple locations anymore.
After recruiting a friend and hitting multiple stores, we finally find a store online that says it’s in stock in a physical location. Ecstatic, we head to the liquor isle but are bummed to find it’s sold out. My friend decides to ask an employee, who looks it up and finds it is in stock, but there’s no location listed so he’s not sure it’s even in the store yet. I am disappointed, but it’s out of his control, so we get ready to head home. Before we leave, the employee offers to check the back anyway, and I agree knowing it would at least help me feel better.
Only a few minutes later he returns with the fabled bottle. I’m eternally grateful for his help, and my friend and I go to check out and present the perfect bourbon to my mom. To the employee who went that extra mile, it may seem like a small thing, but my mom never asks for much, and because of you I was able to get her a small token of joy she can have all to herself. Thank you.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!