Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #258627

, , | Unfiltered | May 17, 2022

(Recently my wife was diagnosed with a serious illness, and we have been traveling out-of-state for her medical care. As such, I have been answering all calls from different area codes in case there’s an important update about her medical care. I’ve just answered the phone from a number with the same area code as my wife’s specialist’s office.)

Me: hello?

Saleswoman: HI there, how are you today?

Me: (realizing it isn’t a doctor’s office, due to the lack of appropriate greetings) Who is this and what do you want?

Saleswoman: *Slightly startled then goes back into her peppy pitch voice*Well, today I am calling to try to set you up on a free trip to Las Vegas. What do you think of that?

Me: (Barely paying attention since the call is of no importance, but I was too polite to just hang-up) Honestly I don’t approve of that.

Saleswoman: Eh-what? I’m trying to get you a free vacation!

Me: I don’t want it.

Saleswoman: *her peppiness is replaced with a surprising amount of aggression and anger* I grew up in Las Vegas. The things that happen there happen in all other 49 states!

Me: No, not really. Las Vegas has its stereotypes for the same reason that Florida Man does. Listen, you’re calling the exact wrong household. My wife was just diagnosed with cancer and we’ve been bleeding through our bank accounts just to physically get to the one doctor within 300 miles who has treated this rare type of cancer before successfully. We have no money to play or drink with, nor would I take my sick wife to that disease-ridden city anyway. Even if money weren’t an object, we definately would not do business with a company that violates the national do not call registry, which this number has been on for the last 7 years without lapsing.

(She has tried to cut-in multiple times during the above, but I spoke over her).

Me: You may speak now, but do NOT interrupt me.

Saleswoman: (dumbfounded silence for several seconds, and I hung up on her just as she started to speak again).

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!