Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #257826

, , | Unfiltered | May 4, 2022

As is the case for most jobs in my field (Travel) Saturdays are mandatory. Our office is short staffed and legally we cannot be open with only one person. With only two people scheduled for a Saturday, well you can see where this can cause some serious problems.

I recently became a dog mom, step mom, to the the biggest love pupper on the planet. For the last year and a half I have known him and his Dad I have come to understand what it means to be the parent of a special needs pet. Our boy has epilepsy.

The night before a shift I could not call out from our boy had siezures every 10 or so minutes, like clockwork. We were finally able to get him to the local pet ER but I was a little late to work.

I had a client waiting. I was so worried because I had been holding it together to be strong for my boyfriend. This client has been somewhat abrasive but I know that this is just her, and she’s not a mean or rude woman.

She makes a comment, joking that I am late and I lose it. I have never cried at work but I just start. She sits, calms me down and we talk about my situation. She tells me stories about her own fur children and asks me if I need her to come another time or if keeping busy would be the best thing. She. Was. Genuine.

I was able to pull myself together and help her. We had a great conversation about her upcoming trip and as she left I felt more relieved than I had in the last 24 hours.

In customer service we don’t always get clients/customers that genuinely care about the people taking care of them. There are many times when I deal with the stereotypical rich and entitled. Miss Client, thank you. You helped me through one of the hardest days of my life and I don’t know how I will ever be able to repay you, but I hope one day I’ll be paying it forward.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!