Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #257585

, | Unfiltered | April 28, 2022

Years ago, I was working retail in a very high-end department store. I was in the children and infants section, which was no treat. One day, I saw a coworker quietly talking with a man I recognized as a pro athlete for a local team. He was looking at a gorgeous, very expensive layette set (baby gown, blanket, hat, mittens, socks, etc. all done in silk and cashmere). I thought this was a gift and it might be a good opportunity to upsell him some matching accessories, so I picked up some and moved toward them. My coworker saw me coming and immediately, violently waved me off behind his back. I slowed, but kept coming, thinking she just wanted to hog the sale, when she gave me an absolutely poisonous look and stepped away from him for a moment. She furiously whispered to me that the man’s child had just been stillborn and he just wanted something to bury them, so I should go away and Not Bother Him. When I looked a little closer I saw that the guy looked like nine miles of absolute hell. It was on the news websites when I looked him up a little while later. I was so grateful to her for not letting me make that man’s grief worse by cheerily suggesting things for the child to grow into.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!