Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #257256

, , | Unfiltered | April 21, 2022

(I’m bisexual, and since it’s pride month, I’m wearing two bracelets-one in the bi pride colors, another that says ‘pride’. Management has okayed it, since they’re not offensive. I’m ringing someone out when they notice.)
Customer: Can I see your bracelets?
Me: Oh, of course!
(I hold out my wrist so she can see. Suddenly, she tries to rip off my bracelets. I pull my arm back, which causes her to leave huge red scratch marks near my wrist.)
Customer: You’re a f***ing f*****! You’ll burn in Hell!
(I’m in too much shock to respond.)
Customer: I bet your parents hate you! You’re a disgrace and an abomination!
(A coworker comes over. He’s six feet tall, muscular, with a deep voice. He’s also protective of us in the store.)
Coworker: Ma’am, you need to watch your language.
(The customer turns to face him.)
Customer: But…she’s a f*****!
Coworker: Her orientation does not affect how she is as a person. While she may be bi, she has also been one of the kindest people I’ve ever known. You, on the other hand, have shown to be cruel to people for no reason.
Customer: But…she’s…I…
Coworker: You’re going to apologize to her and leave. And you won’t come back until you’ve learned to keep your bigoted opinions to yourself.
(The customer looks at me.)
Customer: I…sorry….
(She runs out of the store. My coworker helped me get to the office, explained what happened to a manager, and gave me a hug. The woman hasn’t been back since.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!