Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #257246

, , | Unfiltered | April 21, 2022

The store I work at has ferrets available for adoption, and it’s always easy to tell when someone’s adopting one, as they scratch constantly at the inside of the carrier. This isn’t usually a problem, as all we need to do is keep an eye on the carrier to be sure they don’t jiggle themselves off the counter.

This particular night, one of the ferrets is particularly energetic, but I don’t pay any mind… until she seems to appear next to her box. Rather confused, I check the box for a hole. Nothing, it’s pristine. So I put her back in the box.

Next thing I know, the customer I’m checking out says something about the ferret, and I turn just in time to see her, sticking halfway out the box, tumble to the floor. She’s unharmed, but I’m unable to pick her up, as I’m sitting on a stool and don’t want to risk stepping on her.

I call a coworker over, and he picks her up, both of us laughing at the little troublemaker. Since she’s clearly smart enough to consistently escape the box, I decide to hold her as we wait for the family adopting her to finish gathering the supplies they’ll need when they take her home.

Troublemaker thoroughly enjoys the attention, crawling all over me, and trying to explore the register, but I do my best to keep her in my arms. The family adopting her have witnessed her antics by now, and are thoroughly amused and excited to get her home. I decide to try stapling the box so she can’t pull it open. I have no idea how well it worked, as the family headed home soon after. I’m just happy we knew about Troublemaker’s antics before they got her to the car.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!