Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #256537

, , | Unfiltered | April 9, 2022

(My family is leaving a large concert- at this point we had been in city/post concert traffic for two hours. Usually the drive from the city back to our home only takes one hour. We’re not even halfway home and the ride has already been double what is should have been. When we finally get out of the traffic my stepmom ends up speeding, sick of slow moving traffic and wanting to get us home. She is soon pulled over. The officer approaches our car, shining his light in the back where he sees my sister and I. I’m twenty years old and my sister is seventeen (and she’s also about 5’10, so not very small). When the officer reaches the window he addresses my stepmom)

Officer: You’re driving like that when you have little ones in the back!? Ma’am you must be more careful, you could get those little ones killed!

(It took everything in my father and I to not burst out laughing at the fact that me, an adult, and my sister, almost an adult, were referred to as “little ones” when we are not even close to looking like children. The officer ended up being very nice and let us off with a warning, but I’m still not sure how two grown young women can be mistaken for children.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!