Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #256460

, , | Unfiltered | April 6, 2022

I work as a Party Host within a soft play centre, so that means that I dress up, as a pirate, and serve the kids food, and make sure that the kids have a nice time while they are there.

So, I’m hosting one of the parties, and I’m just chatting to one of the parents. And a kid asks me a question, which I can’t remember, so I answer. I ended up sat on the floor, cross-legged (this was quite hard, as I’m a 6ft tall, quite stocky guy) chatting to the kids, as if I’m a close friend. After about 10 mins, the parents ask if I can serve the cake, and ice cream, and I do. I end up back on the floor, chatting to the kids, and then high-fiving all of them on the way out. I clear the room that they’re in, and go back into the cafe to help prepare the party bags.

When the kids are leaving, I’m stood behind the desk in the reception, helping give out the party bags. I see the mother of the birthday boy, and give her a feedback form, standard protocol. So, I’m still standing there, and most of the kids have gone. The mother comes up with me with the feedback form, and asks my name. I reply with my name, she scribbles something on the form, and hands it back, before thanking me and leaving.

She’d rated me 10 in everything, and wrote a lovely little inscription, saying ‘Our Party Host was really good with the kids and really friendly, thank you [my name]’

It was so nice, it honestly was.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!