Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #255918

, | Unfiltered | March 30, 2022

(I had a bad fall and injured my knee. The doctor thought it was a sprain at first, but it doesn’t improve, and the pain level doesn’t go down. After 4 weeks of throbbing pain in my knee, not being able to put my weight on it, and walking with a limp, I went to a different clinic that has the necessary equipment to run further tests. I have to consult with the doctor first, for him to order the tests)

Me: (giving him a short summary of the injury) So my other doctor recommended that I come here for further testing.

Doctor: That’s not necessary, it’s just muscle pain

Me: What?

Doctor: (not paying attention to me) It’s just muscle pains from your fall.

Me: But it’s been four weeks

Doctor: Yeah muscle ache can take some time to recover.

Me: (Other doctor) diagnosed a sprain –

Doctor: It’s not even that serious, just an ache from falling down. It’ll go away in a few days

(I spend at least ten minutes trying to convince him that the injury is more serious than that. He doesn’t even bother to examine my knee or look at the X-ray I had from the other clinic. In the end the nurse asked me to leave as there were a lot of patients waiting.

After some weeks with more pain, I gave up and sought a second opinion at the hospital. I end up needing surgery. The specialist eventually finds that the bone was pulled out of alignment. It was visible on my X-ray that the doctor ignored. If he had bothered to look, he would have found it and realised it wasn’t just muscle ache, and I could have had it treated earlier. Because of the delay, I still have pain in that knee many years later.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!