Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #255834

, , | Unfiltered | March 26, 2022

(I work at an office building. My department’s long time manager has recently retired, and his successor is a promising young girl in her mid twenties. It is Monday, and she clocks in for her first shift. I go over to introduce myself.)

Me: Hi, I’m [Name]. You must be –

New Manager: WHY AREN’T YOU WORKING?!

Me: I’m introducing myself, Miss. I –

New Manager: YOU SHUT UP!

Me: Sorry miss, I –

New Manager: YOU BETTER BE SORRY, BECAUSE YOU’RE FIRED!

Me: Miss! You’re being rash here! You cannot just fire me like that!

New Manager: I CAN FIRE YOU FOR WHATEVER I WANT! I’M THE MANAGER! IT’S MY JOB TO SCREAM AT AND FIRE YOU!

(One of our senior managers comes out of his office, having heard the entire exchange.)

Senior Manager: Excuse me. Would you mind telling me just ”what” your job is again?

New Manager: MY JOB IS TO SCREAM AT PEOPLE AND FIRE THEM!

Senior Manager: *pauses* Yeah, we’re going to need to have a little talk about that. My office, right now. [My name], come with us.

(The new manager was written up and sent home early for her behavior, and my firing was overturned. The next day, the union representative came in to meet with the senior management team about the possibility of letting the new manager go. The union rep staunchly refused to let them fire her, stating that the new manager needed to be given at least until Friday, to which senior management reluctantly agreed. Unfortunately, her behavior only worsened from there. The new manager only ever talked to people by screaming at them at the top of her lungs, and would fire anyone seemingly at the drop of a hat. By Friday, it had gotten so bad – she had made over TWENTY needless firings and had done absolutely none of her actual duties, costing us tens of thousands – that the union rep finally caved in and agreed with senior management that it was time for the psychotic manager to go, and she was finally fired. In additon, the HR manager who hired her was also dismissed after an investigation revealed that she did not conduct the mandatory background check or proper training on the now ex-manager, who turned out to have schizophrenia. Three weeks later, we got a call from an office in another state for a reference to confirm her former employment with us. Apparently, she thought it was a good idea to boast on her resume about firing twenty people in one week.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!