Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #255617

, , , | Unfiltered | March 22, 2022

(I’ve been working for 21 months at this point as a volunteer host. One thing I do is direct people on how to check out wheelchairs for use at Temple Square. In this case, a man sits his wife down in the lobby of our building and I bring him to the office where he can fill out the form.)

Supervisor: All right, I’ve got your name and your license, which you can collect when you return the wheelchair. In case we need to reach you, what is your cell phone number?

Man: I don’t have a cell phone. If you call my home number, someone will let me know another way.

Supervisor: Sure, that’s fine. What’s your home number?

Man: 781-***-****.

(I turn, wide-eyed.)

Me: Are you by any chance from [Town], Massachusetts?

Man (after a startled moment of silence): How on earth did you know that?

Me: Because my phone number in [Town] was [Almost identical number] when I lived on Chestnut St.

Man: I lived on Wellesley St. for 40 years. You probably went to school with my neighbors.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!