Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #255262

, | Unfiltered | March 16, 2022

I work as a chat agent at a call center. I spoke to this woman for about 24 minutes.

Customer: Hi, [my name]. I’m trying to place an order but keep getting an error. I’ve tried it 3 times now but I don’t know if any were placed and don’t want my card charged.

This usually happens due to a clogged up browser or card issue, but still, there are lots of errors, usually 1 or 2 sentences long, so I need to narrow it down. I first check she has no orders placed, and she doesn’t.

Me: Hello, [customer]! I’m sorry you’re receiving an error. I understand your concern and would be more than happy to help you today! Can you please tell me what error you are receiving?

Customer: It was very long, so long I cannot recall in fact. Can you please look up my account with my email to make sure no orders were placed?

I’ve already done this, but decide to humor her and do it again. Still none.

Me: No orders were placed with your information. I apologize for any frustration this may be causing. Unfortunately, I will need to know the error in order to properly assist you, as you could be receiving the error for a number of reasons. Are you able to copy and paste the error?

Customer: [my name] I already told you I don’t remember. And I’ve already refreshed the page, so I can’t get it. If I do this one more time and get the same error, I’m going to buy from Amazon where I don’t have this problem.

Me: I’m very sorry, but I am unable to assist you properly without knowing what the issue is. If you are unable to provide me the error message, I would recommend speaking to your financial institution regarding this. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Is there anything else I can assist you with?

Customer: It’s not an issue with my card declining. It’s an error by [store].

She sounds so certain, I decide to take her word for it. If it’s not a card issue, it’s probably one of three or four website issues.

Me: Can you please tell me if you remember the gist of the message? Did an exception occur, or was there an error verifying your billing address, or anything else?

Customer: *ends chat*

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!