Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #254831

, , | Unfiltered | March 9, 2022

For my grandma’s birthday, we go to a restaurant near her house. We’ve been here in the past and have never had any major issues before. We arrive at the restaurant at 1:30 and learn that it will be a 40-minute wait for a table. We think, well, it is Sunday and we have eight people in our party, so that seems reasonable. An hour later, we are seated. That should have been clue number one.
Our waitress comes and takes our orders. We try to order an appetizer that is on special, only to be told that they are out for the day. My dad wants a steak and shrimp entree, but the waitress tells him that they are out of that until 3. He picks something else.
After we order, my mom, my uncle, and I all go to the salad bar, since it came with our entrees. We finish our salads and there is still no sign of our food. Our waitress comes out occasionally to refill our drinks, and she assures us that the kitchen is working on our order. My uncle and I end up going back to the salad bar for seconds, and we finish those salads with no sign of our food. We even bring a small plate of croutons back to the table for everyone else to munch on.
A little after 3:30, our food arrives. The restaurant hadn’t been super busy since we were seated, so we have no idea why it took so long. But this still was not the end of the problems.
I ordered sliders to eat, and my uncle ordered chicken sliders. The patties were ridiculously small- like less than half the size of the bun- and somehow overcooked and undercooked at the same time. No idea how they managed that. My uncle’s chicken sliders were slightly bigger than my beef sliders, but still smaller than the buns, which were a typical size for sliders. My dad realized that he could have gotten his shrimp and steak he originally wanted. I decide not to send my food back, given how long it took to get it in the first place, and I go to the salad bar for the third time. My brother’s burger wasn’t as well done as he wanted, and there was something wrong with my grandfather’s food as well, but I forget what it was.
Our waitress was the only real saving grace, and my dad wrote on the check that her good service was the only positive thing during the whole meal. After, we went to a popular ice cream stand that offers regular food as well and ate there.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!