Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #254799

, , | Unfiltered | March 19, 2023

I come back from my break and am told to go to a different checkout to let the girl currently on there go do something else. While I’m standing there waiting, she says to me she’ll take one last customer, an old man with but three items: two packets of grapes and a packet of raspberries.
Apparently, he has a problem. We sell packets of some fruits for two for €5, and he wanted blueberries, but we were out of them. His contention is that he therefore shouldn’t have to pay full price for the single packet of raspberries. He goes on about how he has been a long-time customer, demands to see a supervisor and a manager, all of whom tell him he can’t have the price he demands. He complains that we shouldn’t be advertising the offer if we’re out of one of the items. Given that this is our flagship store, the busiest in the chain, and that normal people understand “while stocks last”, this has never been a concern.
The lady behind him gives him a few coins to make up for the difference in cost, but he just slaps it out of her hand, saying it’s nothing but insulting. He pays for his three items and walks off.
I sit myself down, serve the lady and after she remarks she doesn’t have any vouchers, I pull out my staff discount card. I had conveniently forgotten I had it during the old man’s transaction.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!