Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #254394

, | Unfiltered | February 28, 2022

(Our family has always had a very broad view of what consitutes ‘family’. As far as everyone is concerned, since my dad’s-brother’s daughter is my cousin, my mum’s-sister’s kids are ALSO her cousins. Girl-cousin is also the oldest of us by a 15+ year margin, and she works hard at being the FUN cousin. In this case, she’s volunteered to take all three of us to the town carnival, because my dad was working that weekend. It. Was. A. Blast – literally, because it ended with fireworks at 11pm. With hindsight, girl-cousin was probably already exhausted from wrangling three sugar-hyped, overexcited, overly-tired kids, and was now had to try and keep us in order as we walked across the dark field that had been turned into a pseudo-car park without us running off into the traffic. I distinctly remember my little brother was hanging completely limp from her hand in his last attempt at a tantrum, because he was ‘too tired’ to walk when he wanted to go on all the rides again. She was also yelling at me to stop running ahead.

Then my younger other cousin suddenly squealed in surprise behind us.

Without pause or even finishing her sentence to me, girl-cousin spun on a heel, and –
BAM
Hit the man who had grabbed my other cousin over the head wit the carnival party-bags in her hand.

My mom’s-sisters-brother-in-law’s-brother – aka, my cousin’s uncle, but not anyone my girl-cousin had ever met – is a big, heavily tattooed man who owns a motorbike, boxes for fun and acts as a bouncer at clubs, and who thinks that randomly grabbing other-cousin to scare him is a fun joke.

All girl-cousin has seen was someone in the dark grab at her cousin. Uncle was twice her height, four times her muscle-mass, but he went down HARD, and stayed down.

The good news was uncle did not get a concussion. The bad news was girl-cousin had broken his nose; but she did not get in trouble, because no one wanted to press charges.

And us three younger cousins were all VERY good for the trip home.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!