Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #254389

, , , , | Unfiltered | February 28, 2022

So I work in a large restaurant situation within a larger retail store. We are the biggest store of this kind in the world and have only been open a week so far. We do a lovely chicken tikka poppadoms dish which has been incredibly popular. This happens today when we’ve gone a little quieter.
Woman: What’s that dish up there? (Points to menu board)
Me: that’s our chicken tikka poppadoms, its been so popular! Or we have this great selection of pizzas if youd like to try any
Woman: Hmm no, the poppadoms sound lovely I’ll like to try those
Me: not a problem, here’s your table number and I’ll get it brought over as soon as possible (I take payment etc)
Not even 5 minutes later, myself and the chefs who are working front of house (our main pizza oven is at the front of house so customers can watch their food being prepared and made fresh) we notice glaring looks. I was serving the next customer when one of the chefs asked if everything ok since she was sat opposite. I then ask when I finish serving and a few minutes later this happens.
Woman: I cannot eat this! I feel sick now
Me: I’m so sorry what was the matter with it?
Woman: it had meat in it and I’m vegetarian!
Me: (screaming internally) yes that our chicken tikka dish you asked for mam
Woman: I know what I ordered but I’m a vegetarian and cant eat meat!
Me: I’m sorry for the confusion but this does infact contain meet with it being chicken tikka
Woman: just get me one without the meat!
We start trying to prepare basically nothing but she walked off in the end. People like this make me question humanity!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!