Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #253945

, , | Unfiltered | February 21, 2022

(My mother gets a hysterical phone call from an acquaintance who lives in a nearby city.)

Acquaintance: “[Mom’s name]! [Mom’s name]! I’m so sorry to tell you this, but I think [Dad’s name] is cheating on you!”

Mom: “Calm down and take it slowly. Did you see him today? I know he’s in your city for a conference.”

Acquaintance: “Yes, that’s why I’m calling. I saw him come out of the hotel where the conference is, and I was going to go over and say hello, but then two girls ran up to him and started hugging and kissing him! A blonde and a brunette! They’re both so young, and really pretty, and I’m so sorry to have to tell you this…”

(My mom starts laughing, which shocks her acquaintance into silence.)

Mom: “Tell me, [Acquaintance], did you get a good look at those girls? Did you notice that the blonde one looks an awful lot like me, and the brunette looks a lot like [Dad’s name]?”

Acquaintance: “Well, I did notice that, but I don’t see… Oh. Oh. Oh, I’m so sorry! I feel so stupid!”

(The “blonde one”? Me. The “brunette”? My sister. We were meeting up with Dad to take him out for lunch since his conference had brought him to the city where we live now!)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!