Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #253112

, , | Unfiltered | February 8, 2022

Years ago I started a new job along with another person that I immediately recognized from a little brew-shop he owned. It wasn’t doing so well so he took on a 9-to-5 job. Me recognizing him was just the beginning. He was strongly connected to the local music industry (and even had some gold records as the engineer) so it never failed that we — the several people from our department — would go to lunch and someone would come up to our table to say hi to him.

I never realized how much it bothered the others until one visitor took our co-worker away from the table and another co-worker slapped the table somewhat angrily and said “every fricking time!”

Right around that time period, I had begun teaching evening classes at a local community college. 90% of my students were professionals wanting to brush up on some new material. After a few semesters of that, I couldn’t go to lunch with the guys without former students coming to the table to say hi. I don’t think the frustrated co-worker ever developed a sense of humor about this as the incidents began to double in frequency.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!