Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #252977

, , | Unfiltered | February 7, 2022

I’m outing myself on this one. We’ve been getting a lot of telemarketers and scammers lately, and normally we can tell, and just let them ring out. One of the numbers that have been calling us is announced by our caller ID as “Not in Service.” (I should also mention that we are normally somewhat politically active, and with the great moldy cheese as president, we have been more active as of late.)

Well, one day I’ve had it. Mr. Not in Service calls again, and this time I pick up. The guy on the other end asks for someone else in the house. I tell him with a rather rude tone that they aren’t available. the I demand to know who he is because my phone says he is Mr. Not in Service. He stays quite polite and explains that he is from my local political party and that they have been having an ongoing problem with their caller id.

Shit. I normally go out of my way to not be that customer, and here I am being an ass. I quickly apologize to him, and while we can’t donate right then, I tell him to call us back in a few months when we can donate. The poor guy says it’s ok, and that he’s been getting a fair few people answering as I did.

Moral of the story: Don’t be an ass like me until you have confirmed who you are being an ass to. Sometimes they actually don’t deserve it.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!