Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #252947

, , | Unfiltered | February 5, 2022

I am I the waiting area at a mechanic place, getting my brakes checked. There are several cars in the bay but only two other customers waiting in the lobby. After a little while, a mechanic comes over to us with some diagnostic paperwork.

Mechanic: (female name)?

Me: Yes, that’s me.

Mechanic: We had some trouble getting the diagnostics to communicate with your car at first, but we finally figured out why the sensor light keeps coming on.

Me: Sensor light? I just came in for a brake check.

Mechanic, checking his paperwork: (same female name), right?

Me: Yes.

Mechanic: With the Toyota Avalon?

Me: No, Mazda MPV.

Male customer: I have an Avalon with a sensor light issue, but my name is (male name nowhere near mine).

Mechanic, to both of us: Sorry about the mix up. (helps other customer with his issue)

Several minutes later

Mechanic to us two remaining customers: Okay, the Mazda MPV…

Both of us: Yes?

It turned out my car was ready, not the other woman’s MPV. The look on the poor mechanic’s face when he realized his plan to avoid confusing one customer for another again was priceless.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!