Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #252200

, , | Unfiltered | January 23, 2022

(I work at a popular coffee shop chain, and my franchise doesn’t accept any bills over 50. Sometimes we run into issues with customers because the other franchise which has locations in the same town and the next couple of towns around mine accepts up to 50 dollar bills. Luckily my location is connected to a gas station that accepts bills up to 100, so if a large bill is all they have they can get change over at the gas station. I am in the drive thru window when this incident occurs.)

Me: Hello! Your total today comes to $8.78.

Customer: *Attempts to hand me a 50 dollar bill*

Me: I’m sorry ma’am we aren’t allowed to accept any bills over 20.

Customer: *face sours and she begins frantically searching the window with her eyes. Assuming she’s looking for where it says that I point to the sign on the window. She rolls her eyes* Well why not?

Me: I’m not sure ma’am. They must have had a lot of people accepting fake bills that were larger than 20s. It has been like this since I started working for the company, those are just their rules.

Customer: And you won’t break them *scoffs*

Me: No, I am sorry I won’t break them for anyone because I could lose my job. If you don’t have any other way to pay, or even just want to break your 50 you can come inside. The gas station will make change for you without a purchase.

Customer: *Sighs hard an rolls her eyes* I am not going to do that. Of course I have another way to pay. I shouldn’t have to get out of my car just to use MY MONEY.

Me: I am really sorry ma’am, there is nothing else I can do.

(She practically threw her card at me, and then sped out of the drive thru as soon as the transaction was done. Her poor son in the passengers seat was slinking lower and lower into his seat during the entire conversation.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!