Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #252059

, | Unfiltered | January 21, 2022

A relation of my husband’s has moved in with us after the death of his parents and his siblings wanting him out of the house so it can be sold. One sister tells me how sorry she is for me, I don’t think it would be that bad until he moves in.

In the first week he complains that meals aren’t up to his standards because I home cook food every night and he expects take-away junk food.

Then he starts complaining that we don’t have the more expensive cuts of meat and chicken. We are on a budget and he makes no financial contribution. I am usually very laid back, even though his complaints are annoying I usually don’t say anything but that soon changes.

I’m also supposed to make him salads to have with his meals, I don’t mind salad but don’t often have it as my family don’t like to eat it. So even though it creates more work and expense I start adding a salad to meals.

One day I go to the greengrocers to buy the salad ingredients and decide to get myself a mango as a treat for dessert, he always has cake, biscuits or chocolate and complains if anyone has any. I make the salad as usual and serve it up.

Relation “I was disappointed with the salad you served today”

Me “What was wrong with it?”

Relation “You bought a mango, I was expecting mango in my salad. I saw a mango in the kitchen, you should have put it in my salad.”

Me “The mango is mine” *walks off to eat my mango in peace, I also stop making salads and go back to my normal way of cooking.

A few days later I make myself a favourite meal as he and husband are out for the evening, neither of them like this meal. It’s a very simple, budget meal. I put the leftovers in the fridge for lunch the next day. I am asleep when they get home but wake up soon after.

Relation “I saw that food you had in the fridge and was putting it in the microwave when I realised it was (food type) and was so disappointed you didn’t make it with (more expensive ingredient). Who in the hell cooks (food type)?”

Me *snaps “Someone who ******* likes (food type) that’s who”.

I think he got the hint to stop complaining but for how long?

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!