Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #251569

, , | Unfiltered | January 14, 2022

(My husband and I are leasing our only car for a 3 year contract, and I take it to the dealership for it’s 30,000 mile service. As I’m waiting, I hear someone call my name; it’s a salesman. I reluctantly but politely sit down with him, as I have time to kill anyway.)

Salesman: “So you know that you are over your mile limit on this car?”

Me: “Yes, I’m aware.”

Salesman: “Okay, then, so what are your plans for the car after the lease contract is up?”

Me: “Well, my husband and I are thinking about buying it, but that’s something we have to discuss.”

(As I’m about to get up from my chair, the salesman types something into his computer and looks up at me.)

Salesman: “If I told you that you could have a lower monthly payment, would you still need to talk to your husband?”

Me: *completely flabbergasted* “Um. Yes. Yes, of course I would still need to talk to him.”

(I quickly get up and leave his desk, hoping that maybe he understands that NO, of course I won’t make a major financial decision without my spouse! Jury’s now out on if we want to purchase the car after the lease; we’ll see.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!