Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #251224

, , | Unfiltered | January 7, 2022

My sister is getting married and asked me to be a bridesmaid/maid of honour. Important information: I’m disabled, in a wheelchair and on the overweight side of things. All the wedding planning seems to be going well but a couple of months before the wedding day we’re both at our parent’s house discussing other things when she suddenly turns to me:

Sister: ‘So, when exactly are you going to lose weight?’
Me: ‘Do what?’
Sister: ‘Come on, you know that you can’t have fat bridesmaids!’
Me: ‘Err, yes you can. Anyway you know my medical problems and what my meds do to me!’ (I physically can’t eat much and my metabolism is completely shafted from the large amounts of meds I’m on)
Sister: ‘Then EAT LESS! This is my wedding! The least you can do is a diet for a few months’
Me: ‘I’d have to actually starve myself to eat less than I do now’
Sister: ‘Then do that. It’s only for a month or so. You could go out and get some exercise too’
Me: ‘Err, I’m disabled from a spinal injury! I’ve got arthritis! I physically CAN’T do that!’
Sister: ‘It’s just allll about you isn’t it? You know we’re getting pretty tired of you using this excuse. It’s MY wedding and it’s NOT about YOUR laziness’

(My parents actually agreed with her. My husband, who I told later, says I should boycott the wedding entirely for this. I’m just too upset right now to decide what I’m going to do)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!