Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #251048

, , | Unfiltered | January 5, 2022

(A little background: my girlfriend was born premature and has struggled since birth to maintain a healthy weight. Right now she has been making progress, but is still extremely petite at a little over 5’1 foot and 100 pounds. Her best friend is not “fat” but extremely curvy and plus size. I myself am stocky and little on the chubbier side of men, at 6 foot and 200 pounds. All three of us stop in a plus-size clothing store, and the following ensues)

Girlfriend’s Friend: “Hey (Girlfriend); while I shop around can you help me carry stuff to the dressing room? I think I only want to try two or three things on, but in different sizes.

Me: Ohhhh good idea, count me in as using you as a shopping cart!

Girlfriend: *laughing* Sounds good, no problem.

(We proceed to wander around, becoming separated, with my girlfriend carrying some shirts and pants for us when we run them over while she looks at the jewelry and purses in the meantime. After about twenty-five minutes, I go to look for her so I can go to the dressing room, and find her IN TEARS being yelled at by one of workers- who is plus-sized)

Me: What’s going on?

Worker: Oh don’t worry sir, this girl here just doesn’t seem to understand that this store isn’t meant for her type, and she shouldn’t be here. There’s no reason customers should feel bad because people like HER choose to come in where they don’t belong. She’s even carrying clothes- probably to take pictures and make fun of the sizes!

Girlfriend: I TOLD you! These aren’t for me! They’re for my boyfriend *points to me* and my friend *points to her friend now approaching the commotion*. I came along to help them carry stuff and look at your jewelry! I also wanted to compare purse prices to other stores.

Worker: You don’t belong here. This store isn’t intended for you, and I don’t care if they are your boyfriend and friend- you should have waited outside. Or, better yet, go eat something. You look like you could use some meat on those bones.

(My girlfriend literally drops everything she was carrying, turns bright red, and stumbles out of the store with tears down her face. I follow her, torn between wanting to scream at the worker and wanting to calm her down. Her best friend stays behind, comes out twenty minutes later, and silently holds up three $50 giftcards- one for each of us- courtesy of the manager, who had also demoted the rude worker to probational stockroom duty after hearing what happened)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!