Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #250574

, , | Unfiltered | December 29, 2021

(My mum, sister and I all went to our bank to take cash out for some markets on the Queen’s Birthday weekend. The ATM’s had insufficient cash.)

Me: Hi, I’d like to withdraw $100, please.
Teller: I’m sorry, we don’t have sufficient funds.
Me: You.. you don’t have $100. Why not?
Teller: We always run out of cash on the holiday weekend.
Me: So… why not take more cash out of the safe for the holiday? Surely you would know by now to budget a larger amount of cash.
Teller: That’s not our policy.
Me: Fine. Okay. You know what? I’d like to close my account. I need cash today, and you can’t give me any so I’m going elsewhere. (Mum & sister were told the same, and were reacting the same.)
Teller: Oh.. okay. Well there is a fee for personal checks over $1,000. (I had a couple dollars over $1,000 in there.) Sign here-
Me: No. I’m not paying a fee to get my own money out.
Teller: You have to! It’s policy!
Me: Your policies are crap, your bank is crap, I’m leaving with my money and I’m not paying a damn cent to get it. You’ll give me my money with no charges, thank you.
(All 3 tellers gave us the filthiest looks as they closed our accounts. We went across the road to a better bank, got accounts opened in ten minutes and were able to withdraw all the cash we wanted! I’ve been with that bank now for 14 years with zero issues.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!