Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #250345

, , | Unfiltered | December 26, 2021

(I worked in a smoothie store on a college campus while getting my degree. I have a ton of… interesting stories. This particular instance occurs on some kind of parent or orientation day. A freshman comes in with his parents to order smoothies. Everybody looks at the menu and places their orders without a hitch until the dad speaks)

Dad: So that smoothie… the Strawberry Extreme? Is that mostly strawberries?
(Before I can answer him, his wife bursts into raucous laughter)
Mom: DID YOU JUST ASK HER IF THE STRAWBERRY SMOOTHIES HAS STRAWBERRIES IN IT?
(His wife and kid are laughing and the dad looks a little sheepish, but is chuckling along with them. I end up laughing a bit at the situation myself, along with them, while putting their order in and assuring them it happens pretty often. The wife and kid walk away to sit at a table while the husband finishes paying. As soon as the two have left, he stops looking good natured and instead looks absolutely furious very suddenly)
Dad: You didn’t have to laugh! You make me look like an IDIOT in front of my wife and kid! Try not to laugh so hard, you embarrassed me in front of my kid.
(I stand there, shocked because he’d been in a pleasant mood when with his family and I had only laughed along with them because it seemed socially appropriate and nobody seemed upset)
Me: I, uh-
(In a weird 180, the dad is suddenly smiles again.)
Dad: I’m joking with you! Don’t you know how to joke?

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!