Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #250329

, | Unfiltered | December 25, 2021

For the past 3 months, we have a rather self-absorbed contractor.. who wants to be full-time but doesn’t think about his actions. As a result, he can do some highly disrespectful things without realizing it. And, unfortunately, informing him of his actions directly doesn’t work as his entitlement complex makes him view himself always in the right.

Example 1: Our beloved contractor is extremely noisy and careless. He is constantly slamming his company laptop onto the table when he comes in (among other things). Additionally, he can’t type like a normal person and on several occasions, I could hear him typing through two closed doors. He also likes to listen to scream, which is fine, except that he will scream out parts while he works. We have had to ask him multiple times to quiet down and nothing works!

Example 2: Our office has two entrances – the front door and the side door to the conference room. He always insists on using the side conference room door because of the fact it “easier for him” meaning he is constantly walking through that door making a big commotion in the middle of conference calls.

Example 3: Speaking of conference calls… he always inserts himself in every meeting, even if he was not invited. This includes snarky, unconstructive feedback no one asked him for. Bonus – when it is in front of the clients.

Example 4: We are constantly telling him to plan out what he is going to say and think about it before he sends off a response to a client. This, for him, means typing it out in one long go and then sending it without reading it. He has sent several rambling emails to clients not even in meetings! It doesn’t matter how many times he is reminded and told he is banned from corresponding to them!

Example 5: He will also listen to new policy and procedure and then disregard it almost immediately. It is especially bad if he doesn’t know how to do it because asking for help would be a sin!

Example 6: He lies about the stupidest things and can’t keep his lies straight within 5 minutes of telling them. Such as when he is in the office or what he did. He even lies about his contract when it is beneficial for him to miss work, but will envoke amendments to when it doesn’t. For example, in a ten-minute span, he stated he had x days off and then went onto say he still needs to negotiate certain days!!!

Example 7: Brags about how quick he is and then deliverables are filled with errors that need to be corrected. Yup… still insists he is perfect…

Luckily, our boss has wised up and he will not be made a full member because he has cost the company $100,000’s dollars. Unfortunately, he is still contracted with us for the next 3 months.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!