Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #249578

, , | Unfiltered | December 14, 2021

One of the first things I do in the morning upon arriving at my desk is to check my voicemail. I get the voicemail for the entire building, being the concierge, so it’s important that I check it asap. This morning, there are only two messages – the low end of what I normally get. The first one is a doctor wanting a call back about a resident. I pass that on and play the second one.

Ohhhh, the second one. A family member of a resident is calling to inform us that his mother has an early morning appointment. Our machine doesn’t have an automatic date stamp and this isn’t a message from yesterday because I would have gotten it. He doesn’t say the date or time of the appointment. He only says that he has had trouble in the past getting in the building before 8:00 in the morning, which is when I start my shift and unlock the doors.

So I write down his name and number and call the nurse supervisor up to the desk to ask her if she knows about the appointment. She gives me this look and says “Yep. That was for THIS MORNING. He was here at 7:30AM having a royal s*** fit at the front door because he couldn’t get in. I asked him when he scheduled the appointment…last week.” She basically has a small temper tantrum and I’m busy face-palming.

If you’ve had an appointment for your mother for the PAST WEEK and have had trouble in the past getting in at that time, don’t you think letting us know about the appointment a little MORE than a HALF HOUR before the d*** thing would be a good idea? Especially in a way other than leaving a message on a voicemail at a desk that isn’t staffed until AFTER THE G***** APPOINTMENT?! I don’t know,maybe try calling the day before? So someone will let your dumb a** in the building?! Or maybe schedule it at a different time? His mother has lived here for over a year. We are a locked facility and it’s always been procedure to not have someone at the desk before 8:00 in the morning, so it’s not like he didn’t know what time the doors would open. G******, some people are so dumb.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!