Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #249406

, , , | Unfiltered | December 12, 2021

*Several years ago, we went camping. There were several families totaling 30ish people. As far as the kids go (and in this instance, I’m referring to anyone under 21) there were only 2 girls, me and another family friend. To use up some of the leftover food, one of the dads decided he was going to make fajitas although he needed tortillas. All of the adults have had a few drinks and are really not able to drive*

Family friend: I’ll make fajitas, but I need tortillas. [my name and family friend], I need you to go to the store and get tortillas!

*The campground we were at was just outside of Weed, California and the one store was called “That Food Place”. It’s later in the day than not and the comment causes both of our dads to pause*

My dad: Um, wait

Friend’s dad: Wait, you two aren’t going into town alone

Family friend: Oh fine! Take [friend’s little brother] with you!

*Her little brother wasn’t necessarily the youngest but at the time, he was the smallest and sweetest little kid who wouldn’t hurt a fly. Both our dad’s hesitate*

Family friend: Fine! Take [his son]. [Son]!

*His son had the same general personality as my friend’s brother, but he was built like a linebacker and was a slightly better option when attempting to keep potential weirdos away from us*

Me: You know, she and I will be fine.*Both dads give the “dad” stare* Or not. Come on [friends son]

*The three of us get in the car and head to town. Looking back, she and I do feel a little bad that we made him listen to showtunes on the ride but hey, we got the tortillas!*

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!