Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #249121

, , | Unfiltered | December 7, 2021

So a bit of background I am 38 I have been working in Customer Service since I was 25 steadily but worked retail locations in my early 20s late teens. For the last year I have been working in a cafe as first an associate (bottom level) and then associate trainer (above associate but below a shift lead).

I found out that another restaurant is opening up a location here in town and was looking for Shift Leads. Deciding I wanted that position and knowing there isn’t an opening for one at my current restaurant I applied with one of my coworkers. She’s also an associate trainer but this is her first job and she’s only been there as long as I have.

Awesomely we both were hired as Shift Leads. At first I wasn’t sure we would be as the interviewer was concerned “I really want shift leads who have experience being a shift lead” during my interview. I figured that would disqualify both of us as neither of us had that. I was happy to be wrong….almost.

Today she started her training while I was informed my hiring was a mistake I wasn’t meant to be a shift lead I am meant to be a crewmember and I don’t start until the end of January.

I’m honestly still reeling. I don’t know why she gets it and I don’t. Guess I need to put in another 10 years of proving I can do my job.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!