Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #248826

, , | Unfiltered | December 3, 2021

Customer: I got an email that my online order came in.

(I take his name and look it up on the computer, but it isn’t there)

Me: Did you get an email saying it was here, or that it shipped?

Customer: That it shipped to the store.

Me: Okay, but you didn’t get an email saying it was ready for pickup?

Customer: I got an email saying it was shipped!

Me: Okay, so then it will be here tomorrow, most likely.

Customer: Why would it be here tomorrow if it shipped today? That doesn’t make any sense. What’s the difference?

Me: Well the email saying it shipped is just letting you know that it left the warehouse.

Customer: Right, so it should be here now, then.

Me: No, it would be here tomorrow.

Customer: Can’t you just check to see if it’s here?

Me: I did already, and it’s not. That’s why I’m asking you what the email said. If the email said it just shipped it will be here tomorrow.

Customer: So you’re telling me it takes an ENTIRE DAY to ship something to your store?

Me: Yes. It’s like that for basically all shipping. It has to get picked up by the courier, get processed and sorted, and then the next day it’s on the truck to it’s location.

Customer: No. This is ridiculous! If it said it shipped it should be here!

Me: It’ll be here tomorrow. We don’t have same day shipping. It’s the same as if you were to order something on Amazon. You get your shipment email, and then the next day you get —

(the customer turns away and holds up his hand to cut me off and then he starts to leave.)

Me: It’s normal for an order to ship and get to it’s location the next day

Customer: Real poor, folks! (he leaves, shaking his head.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!