Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #248027

, , , | Unfiltered | November 21, 2021

When I was about 8, my aunt sent my mom and I a felt penguin Christmas ornament, and directions for how to make one myself. Loving crafts, I instantly loved the idea and started making as many as I could, while sitting in the spot I always sat to do my crafts; in my room, on my bed.

My mom warned me that I shouldn’t be working on sewing in my bed, but I shrugged her off. I liked sitting there while working on crafts, and I knew what I was doing.

A couple days later I woke up in the middle of the night, went to the bathroom, climbed back in bed, lay down, and shot straight back up again. Feeling around my back, I realized I had a pin buried all the way to the head in the middle of my back just under my shoulder blades. It took at least a minute of scrabbling at an odd angle with the slippery blood-covered plastic head to finally pull it out, but I eventually managed it. And while I learned the valuable lesson to never work on sewing in your bed, I didn’t tell my mom that she was right until I was much older.

We still hang the penguin I was making on the tree.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!