Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #246747

, , | Unfiltered | November 2, 2021

(We rarely deal with customers face-to-face except for local pickups, so the majority of the orders we take are via phone or email. This customer has called. They do not call regularly enough to be in our contacts, so I just see a number when they call.)

Me: “Thank you for calling [business]; this is [name]. How may I help you?”

Customer: “Hi, I need two more!”

Me: *silence as I work to politely ask who they are and what they need two more of*

(I can hear the realization in her voices as she understands this is probably not enough information for me.)

Customer: “I’m with [company], and we need more of the same lamination we ordered last time. I have my customer number if that helps.”

Me: “Yes, please! I can look up your order from there.”

Customer: “It’s [number].”

Me: “Okay, just one moment.”

(After the computer loads into the order screen and I have looked up her last order under the account.)

Me: “Okay, so you needed two more of the three mil letter lamination pouches?”

Customer: “Oh no! We need six more.”

(She’s a nice woman, as are most of our customers, and we got through the order fine after that, but she was definitely very frazzled. I just hope the rest of her day calmed down.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!