Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #246707

, | Unfiltered | October 31, 2021

(My group of friends in high school has its share of drama-seekers, but one incident in particular stands out to me. The night before this, there was a party that many of our friends attended, though not all. I didn’t happen to go myself, but the next morning before class, one of my friends stomps up to the rest of us in a righteous fury)
Dramatic Friend: I can’t believe you all!! You guys were completely out of line last night!!!
Group: Huh?
Dramatic Friend: You all are ridiculous! [Friend #1] has only told a select number of people, and last night [Friend #2] blabbed about him to four people!! FOUR PEOPLE!!!
(From her tone, and from knowing the friend in question, we all very quickly realize that she’s talking about Friend #1 being outed. Also worth noting, [Friend #2] isn’t even here for this tongue-lashing.)
Me: Uh… [Dramatic Friend], not all of us were even at that party and…
Dramatic Friend: It doesn’t matter!! This is a HUGE deal! I can’t believe you would all be so irresponsible!! I am so mad I just… UGH!!
(And with that, she stormed off. My other friends and I just look around at each other)
Friend #3: Soooo… who here actually knew that [Friend #1] was…
Me: I suspected, but he’d never said…
(Only one or two of the dozen-or-so of us there had known for sure. Luckily, our friend group was incredibly accepting and no one had a problem with it, but as if further outing our friend to far more than four people wasn’t enough – why did she feel the need to blame people who weren’t even present when she apparently knew EXACTLY who had been the one to blab in the first place!?)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!