Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #245746

, , | Unfiltered | October 17, 2021

As part of our services, we deliver the newspapers that residents get delivered straight to their rooms. Someone from activities picks the papers up from my desk and takes them to each room. Most people are very appreciative of this. Except for one guy. This morning, the girl from activities has just picked up the papers and a few minutes later, the guy comes down.

Guy: *shuffles up to my desk and peers creepily around the corner at me* Up or down?
Me: *still asleep and not catching on immediately* What’s that?
Guy: The papers, d*****!
Me: Oh, I’m sorry [resident], it looks like [coworker] has taken them for delivery already.
Guy: Oh for f**** sake! Where is she?
Me: Probably still on the first floor. She just left a moment ago.
Guy: Well where is she now?!
Me: I don’t know for sure, but if you go to your room, your paper will be there in a minute or two.
Guy: *swears some more at me and stalks off back to his room*

I’ve tried keeping his paper at my desk, but on those days, he waits in his room and gets pissed and calls my desk to find out why it hasn’t been delivered yet. If I send it up with my coworker, he comes down and gets pissed it isn’t at the desk. I’ve tried asking which he would prefer, but he never sticks with it and I always get swore at. And for that matter, I’m not psychic, so how the f*** am I supposed to know where each coworker is around the building?! There’s just no pleasing some people.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!