Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #245744

, | Unfiltered | October 16, 2021

(I work in a supermarket chain in Belgium. We have a two part register, the first part is for scanning the items, we are obliged to move the items from one cart to another and fill bags if the costumer requests so. The second part is where the costumers pay and also where we accept glass bottles that can be reused by the company.)

Me: *Finished ringing up a costumer and turns around to start scanning the next.*

Costumer: HEY! YOU’RE GOING TO LOOK AT MY BOTTLES FIRST!

Me: *Apologizes to the costumer I was going to start scanning and turns back around to look at the bottles. We have to check because it often happens we get bottles we are not allowed to accept.*

Costumer: *Harshly rips out the ticket out of my hands because he is mad I checked his bottles*

(I continue doing my job normally when, about 10 minutes later, this happens.)

Me: *Helping someone with their ticket for their bottles.*

Costumer: HEY! WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO START SCANNING MY ITEMS?!

(I realized people are never going to realize that we need to do so much stuff at the same time when working the register and we only have two hands like everyone else. If only people could be a bit more polite. You don’t see me yelling at them at their job…)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!