Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #245370

, , | Unfiltered | October 10, 2021

(In a bold move, I come out to my parents as a transman. A few days settle before I’m suddenly taken out to lunch. I go, thinking it’ll be fine. As soon as we sit…)
Dad: What the hell is wrong with you?
Me: What?
Dad: This! You’re not a guy! You’ll never be one!
(This continues for a few more minutes, with him using slurs and yelling at me for crying. Finally, a man near us slams the table.)
Man: Shut the fuck up!
Dad: Excuse me?!
Man: You heard me! Your son must have balls of steel to come out to an asshole like you and all you’ve done is bully him! Son, how old are you?
Me: *through tears* 16
Man: You’re bullying a 16 year old?! What the hell is wrong with you?!
Dad: I’ll kick your ass if you don’t mind your own business!
Man: Oh, I’m sure the police would love to hear that you kicked my ass when I stood up to you emotionally abusing a child!
(Realizing this man isn’t scared of him, my dad turns away. I nod my thanks and the man waves me over. I hesitate and go to his table.)
Man: I know it’s tough. I had trouble when my daughter first came out. She may not be biologically a woman, but she’s still mine. And she’s my baby girl.
(The man gets up and puts something in my hand before walking away. I look at it’s $30. I chase after him but he stops me.)
Man: Life is hard. And you were dealt a bad hand. But the best ones know how to make it work. That’s about enough for a starting binder. Save it and use it when you escape this.
(He walks away and I go to the bathroom to clean my face. 3 years later, I move out. As I go to the store, I use the money the man gave me to take the first step forward to being me. I have no idea where that man went, but I know that he’s an angel in disguise. Thank you, sir.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!