Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #245252

, | Unfiltered | October 8, 2021

I once had a customer who wanted a very specific service done: He wanted to track someone’s cellphone calls having only the person’s cellphone number and ID. I think he was some kind of PI or something. However, that is something only the government or the federal police can achieve, but the customer *insisted* we done that all the time. I’ve worked for a little over a year there and we haven’t done such a thing. All we could do with someone’s ID is check them for contested debts on his/her name, which we did, even after I had explained three times what we *could* do and he demanded we do it.

When the customer went to pay, it cost a little over 30 reais (about 8 US dollars, and enough to have a full course meal), and the customer got angry for not doing *exactly* what he wanted and said he’d be calling my boss (which he claimed to know personally) and have my job.

Never seen him again. He was right, though… I don’t work retail anymore, since I’ve been promoted upstairs.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!