Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #245244

, , , | Unfiltered | October 8, 2021

On this day, we are holding an event for matchbox cars in the store where children can go to different stations in the store and get free cars and race them with other children. The event starts at 11 and the store opens at 8. I arrive at work at 6am to unload the truck and notice a car running in the parking lot. I assume it’s another employee waiting a second before going in. Later at 6:30 when more truck staff arrives do we hear the full story.
Coworker: Did you see crazy car guy is out there?
Me: Who’s that?
Coworker: It’s this guy who is obsessed with those toy cars. He’s been bugging us for a while about the event and apparently is here already even though he knows we don’t open for another hour and a half.
The car was already there when I pulled in at about 5:50 so I don’t even know what time he arrived.
At 8 am, we open the doors and he comes rushing in.
Customer: Where’s the car event at?
Manager: Sir, as you know, the car event doesn’t start until 11 am as is advertised on the door.
Customer: Don’t you know how long I’ve waited for it though?

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!