Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #244242

, | Unfiltered | September 21, 2021

I work for a company that specialises in personalised clothing. Mainly hoodies. School leavers season is our busiest time of year and unfortunately brings with it righteous parents. This is a regular conversation I have with parents of school children on the phone.
Customer: hello my child’s school is purchasing school hoodies from you and I wanted to ask you about sizing.
Me: no problem our website has all the size guides and to fit chest size information per garment if you know the garment code I can direct you to the right page.
Customer: yeah but what size would you recommend for an 11 year old child.
Me: really that depends on the individual but again we have size guides on the garment page for you.
Customer: but his/she’s just a regular 11 year old child.
Me: I’m afraid I can’t really recommend a size in case this doesn’t fit.
Customer: but his/she’s just an 11 year old. Regular kid. What would you suggest.

This goes back and forth for sometime.

Me: I’m a regular late twenties woman. What size would you recommend for me?
Customer: I have no idea I have never met you! How could I possibly know what size you are from a phone call…

*bangs head against phone*

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!