Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #244057

, , | Unfiltered | September 18, 2021

This happened to me recently. I work on the checkouts in a supermarket and four people come up to me: an older man and woman, a woman who looks early twenties to me at the earliest and a young child between 5-7.
I scan through their shopping, which includes a can of alcohol. I initially do not ask for ID as I presume this shopping is the older couple’s and thus, no ID required since they look well over the age of 25. However, while I’m scanning, the family talks amongst themselves and I overhear the younger woman mentioning that she is going to pay for it.
I immediately pause and relay that since I have doubts about her age, I have to ask her for ID. She is incredulous, as if the thought of such is ridiculous, however, I explain that she looks under 25 and I have to be sure. She ultimately has nothing on her that is satisfactory, just some photo ID that unfortunately for her, does not have a birth-date, which is inadmissible according to the store training.
Her parents are cool, they fully understand and do not complain when I say that I now have to void the can of alcohol and that I cannot let them buy it on their own (the dad had his own smaller pile of shopping that he was going to pay for), however the girl continues to complain several times that I’m being ridiculous. Apparently the fact that I could go to jail isn’t a good enough reason for me to be cautious.
It’s only my professionalism that prevents me from pointing out that her behaviour during all this only *increases* my suspicion about her age, and doesn’t help her case one bit. After all…look at her parents!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!