Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #241819

, , | Unfiltered | August 17, 2021

We recently hired a new supervisor who isn’t turning out so well. She repeatedly hits people’s fives (working more than 5 hours without a break). I’m a supervisor as well who has been at this location for 3 years. I’m applying for manager this year as well.

Myself and the new sup are creating the break schedule together in the back room.

Me: Let’s put [Name] at 3:30.

New Sup: Well that’s exactly when hits 5 is. Let’s go 3:20

Me: I can make it for 3:30

New sup: I know but it makes me uncomfortable

I agree and we finish the schedule. Come 5:10 I walk into the store and see a girl who needed to go on break 10 minutes ago. She has now hit her 5 by 10 minutes.

Me: [Girl] go on break! I don’t know why you weren’t told to before! [New Sup] is here, why didn’t she relieve you?

I see the new sup come out of the backroom with some new stock. After I finish helping the line I walk over to her.

Me: [Girl] hit her 5. You were in the back room. Why didn’t you send her on break?

New sup: I needed to stock

Me: But you knew I was coming back at 5:10. It could’ve waited

New Sup: But look how much better this shelf looks. I didn’t just do nothing in the back.

She continues to argue with me as I help customers at cash.

Me: I guess I’m just upset because it was totally avoidable

New sup: but I wasn’t doing nothing!

She kept insisting I said she was doing no work in the backroom while the associate hit her 5. I made sure our manager knew whose fault it was when she saw the roster that night.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!