Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #241040

, , | Unfiltered | August 5, 2021

I get a voice mail on my cell phone from an ob/gyn office that I am not a patient of. I’m female, and my name starts with an M. Curious, I listen to the message.

Message: This is [ob/gyn office], calling to confirm an appointment for [different name starting with M] on [date] at [time.]

I call back to tell them that they haven’t actually confirmed this other woman’s appointment and to get my number out of their system.
Receptionist: Thank you for calling [ob/gyn office], how may I help you?
Me: HI, I just got a message on my personal cell phone confirming an appointment for someone else. I’m not a patient of yours.
Receptionist: Let me check on that. Can I have your birth date?
Me: … How will that help? I’m not a patient of yours, so I’m not in your system. Can’t I just give you my phone number?
Receptionist: (sounding annoyed at me now.) Of course, I was going to ask for that next!! What’s your phone number?
Me: [phone number] and my name is [first name.]
Receptionist, putting in phone number and seeing a different first name: Okay, I’ll just take this number off then.
Me: Thank you!

Would have been a perfectly unremarkable conversation if she hadn’t gotten annoyed with me for her mistake! I get that they normally ask for birth date to find a patient record, but I wasn’t a patient.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!