Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #241032

, , , | Unfiltered | August 4, 2021

It is lunchtime on a cold wet Saturday and I decide to deliver some hot noodles using a food delivery app that I have used before with no trouble. I order my lunch at 12pm with an expected delivery time of 12:07pm. The order is picked up by the driver and I watch him on the interactive map so I know when he has arrived. I watch in dismay as he starts to drive in the completely wrong driectuon and then continues to circle around the suburbs adjacent to mine. Fed up, I message him via the app to tell him he is going the wrong way. He claims that his gps is broken. I see where he is and try to tell him what roads to go down. He doesn’t listen and keeps circling around and around. Half an hour waiting for my food, I message him again. He says he will use google maps instead of his company’s maps. He then proceeds to zoom straight past my house to the suburbs on the other side. By now, after 45 mins, I am starving and ring the delivery company to complain. They say they can’t do anything but wait for the driver. It is now 1pm and the driver has finally found my street, but not my apartment. It takes him another 10 minutes to find me. In this time my husband has gone out to buy me some food. The delivery driver finally finds me and makes a vague excuse about his gps. I don’t say anything in fear of losing my temper at him. I take my freezing cold lunch from him and dump it on the kitchen bench and wait for my husband to get home with some hot lunch.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!